Wow. I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by my fellow newbie – blogger janathemunchkin (a great lifestyle blog about a young, inspiring woman who recently moved to Canada and got married). This award was created by Eve to show bloggers that they are part of a community and that their work is appreciated by others. She also wants to establish relationships between authors and their community.
As I just started blogging a few weeks ago, it’s an honor for me to be nominated. It looks like some of you like what I’m doing and I want to thank you so much for reading my little stories.
The only advice I can give to other new bloggers is to write about things they love and want to share with the world. In my eyes, blogging is not about becoming famous and getting free stuff, it’s all about the people and the stories they want to share. Every newbie like me gets excited when they get a new like on the post as it shows that someone somewhere shares an opinion, a dream or a feeling with you. Sharing inspiration is what matters for me.
I want to nominate some blogs, that are inspiring to me:
(most of them are food, lifestyle and travel blogs – some in German)
For some this award nomination procedure maybe like sending chain letters like we did in elementary. You can simply ignore this post and decline it or you can embrace it as an opportunity to get in touch, maybe build a community and show fellow bloggers you like what they are doing.
With all of that said, how can you participate and do your part?
If you are nominated…
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! (Note: You can decline the award if you don’t feel up to doing the above)